Travelogue summary: London & Amsterdam

Have decided to start off my "new" blog with a travelogue post on my recent trip to London. Even though it was a relatively short trip, it was great to breathe in the (ultra cold!) London & Amsterdam air, and just forget about things back home for a while.

 Within 8 days, I:
- flew a 13-hour direct flight from Singapore to London and back by myself
- went sightseeing by myself
- watched 2 musicals: 1 with woggers and 1 by myself
- flew to Amsterdam from London and back by myself
- cycled around Amsterdam with Edwin (lame attempt at trying to blend in with the locals - obviously a failed one as anyone could tell I was a total noob on the bike!)
- visited the red light district in Amsterdam and saw real life prostitutes marketing themselves in the display windows
- got followed by a "lady with a head scarf"
- broke my hand carry bag on the way to the airport and spent more than S$300 getting to the airport (le sigh)
- and made a new Australian friend on board the plane :D

 All these stories and pictures to be posted soon! :)
 Stay tuned! In the meantime, here are some snaps from my mobile.



Elizabeth tower (or more affectionately known as Big Ben)

Went to see the prime meridian line at Greenwich

the London Eye that lost to Singapore Flyer in terms of height but definitely not in terms of magnificence 

boots shopping at Primark

Westminster Abby

St. Pauls Cathedral

Harrods

went to see windmills at Zaanse Schans

one of the many river bodies that populate Amsterdam

climbing like a monkey on "IAMSTERDAM"

You Might Also Like

0 comments