Moomoos' brunch @ artichoke




As promised from my last post, I'm back to blog about my recent meet-ups with the moomoos! Also because I have a new follower recently and I told her I will try my best to blog more HAHA.

Anyways, I realise I forgot to mention how the moomoos came about. I knew Dot from junior college (not very well) and Andrea from my temporary stint at Recruit Express after 'A' levels. I guess all the suffering during work kinda brought us together - my biggest suffering was when Dot forced and dragged me to the gym twice a week...

Haha. Daily lunches and gossip sessions and mutual commiseration brought us closer and somehow a friendship transpired among the three of us even long after we left RE, which was like 8 years ago OMG. Let's not start counting the years now... Why are we called moomoos? I don't know man. I think Dot started it by calling us cows i.e. "Don't be such a cow." and it kinda stuck. Haha. Thought moomoos sounded cuter than cows so moomoos it was.

First up! Dot and I planned a "surprise" birthday brunch for Andrea with the help of her not-very-useful boyfriend GL, who is extremely bad at keeping secrets from her. Bad for surprises but good for their relationship in the long run huh ;P

Because Dot wanted to go to the wedding exhibition very badly, we decided on a location nearby which was Artichoke! The very same place where I had my birthday brunch planned by my lovely friends below back in June :D


Recalling that their food was pretty much awesome I was quite excited to go back there again. So I made a reservation for 4 and GL somehow managed to bluff Andrea into going there and we "surprised" her by waiting expectantly in the restaurant where she could see us clearly the moment she walked in lol.

We had the birthday dessert before the main courses which was the same as what I had for my birthday! Haha.

 
Andrea and her birthday sticky date pudding

Happy 27th Andrea moo! 

The sticky date pudding (more like cake actually) comes with smoked milk custard and salted caramel which gives a good contrast of taste between sweet and salty; non-sweet tooth lovers will love it just as much!

And surprise, surprise we ordered the exact same dishes as I ordered the last I was there haha. It was still equally delicious the second time round. Yums.

Lamb Shakshouka - 2 eggs simmered with tomatoes, roast lamb, homemade labneh (yoghurt cheese), pistachio dukka, za'atar toast

The eggs were done perfectly with the egg yoke oozing out the moment you poke it, and the lamb wasn't too xing1 (smelly). The za'atar toast is like pita bread and good for dipping with the herbish sauce of the dish. 

Sweet glazed bacon chop with scrambled eggs, rocket and za'atar toast

This is like ang moh char siew. The sweey glazed bacon chop was very tasty but might not appeal to people who doesn't like fatty stuff in their meat. I quite liked it. It isn't so bad when you eat it all together - meat and fats and all. The scrambled eggs were satisfactory.

Salmon & beetroot - smoked salmon & Lebanese beetroot tzatziki on toast with zhoug coriander sauce

Out of the 3 mains this was probably the most meh comparably but still palatable. Honestly, I hate eating anything purple (think brinjals) and this BRIGHT PURPLE beetroot was an initial turnoff. But in life you have to try everything right? Haha so the first time I had this I did try it and it was surprisingly refreshing and tastes sooo much better than it looks. So it's all good :D

moomoos enjoying their brunch

happy people with happy tummies

loves

among us three, Andrea is the BEST at making funny faces

Dottie is matchy matchy with the flaming red vespa

After a very satisfying meal, we made our way to the National Museum for the wedding dress exhibition! Not intriguing to me at all... but Dot wanted to go so okay lah. I also act yi ge cultural and go for exhibitions hahaha. Quite interesting tho, especially the video footages screened at the end of the exhibition. I was only interested in the modern dresses. All the other dresses dating back from centuries ago were very reminiscent of curtains and a lot of cloth. Lol

tickets for 4!




Gwen Stefani's wedding dress

in awe of Christian Lacroix's design haha

some quotable quotes on the wall

the couple who refuses to get married cos they think it's a waste of money




Couple shots which I forced them to take haha



Two other dining venues to share in the next post!




You Might Also Like

0 comments