Brunch at Wild Honey@Scotts Square


Yesterday I had a super good brunch with my cousin + cousin-in-law as well as Wyman who was my emcee partner for Gary&Felicia's wedding! (My cousin & cousin-in-law respectively)


Despite being on the pricey side, I have to say the food quality does justification to the prices. 

It was my second visit to this particular outlet since my first visit in Feb 2012 and it is still as crowded as ever. However the staff was quite attentive and we waited a reasonable amount of time for our food on a crowded Sunday. I never had a chance to visit the outlet at Mandarin Gallery cos that outlet does not take reservations and you have to be prepared for a long wait for a table especially during peak hours.

Plus - you can make reservations online for the Scotts outlet via chope.com.sg (http://reserve.chope.com.sg/?rid=wildhoney78bbvza-4)  which is so convenient! Although I did encounter some problems trying to do it and I ended up calling the restaurant directly instead -_-


Wild Honey (Scotts Square)
6 Scotts Square #03-01
+65 6636 1816
Sundays to Thursdays: 9am to 9pm
Fridays, Saturdays & Eve of PHs: 9am to 10pm
http://www.wildhoney.com.sg/

Funny thing was there was this lady who was obviously having a hen's celebration cos she had a tiara and sash. But in the middle of the day at 2 in the afternoon at an all-day breakfast restaurant!? First time witnessing that. 






I stupidly deleted the photo of the main I had so here is a screen grab off my Instagram!


The French toast was very well done and the tomatoes were absolutely juicy and delicious. The poached egg was very good - the first of its kind I ever tasted with it being crumbed! However some parts of the bacon were badly grilled and were burnt so minus points. Overall I enjoyed it very much & rate it a 4.5/5. (Minus 0.5 for the chao tar bacon)




Desserts consisted of a red velvet cake with mascarpone and raspberries! 3/5.




And we had pancakes with I think raspberry compote, maple syrup, and bacon. I LOVE BACON! It goes with anything and everything! Yes even pancakes and maple syrup!!



However the pancakes were a disappointment as the color was too light for my liking - appears undercooked and the batter was not sufficiently flavorful. Thank goodness for the bacon that saved the dish lol. 3/5!


I don't have photos of the others' mains but I did try a little of Wyman's steak and it was to my liking - juicy and flavourful. Gary ordered some sort of Mexican-themed dish with reminded me of quasedilla which although consisted mainly of veggies was quite tasty too!

Felicia had the English breakfast which was the full works with eggs (scrambled), sausages, toast and stuff. Char had that the previous time I went and I remembered it to be so-so only. I would recommend that you skip the ordinary items (like eggs ben and big breakfast) and try their other dishes with twists to the conventional ones that you can find in most other places. (like my Parmesan crumbed poached egg - so good!)




Wyman and myself


The newly weds - Mrs and Mr Lee 

 All of us! 

It was a splendid time catching up though poor Wyman was prolly trying to catch up with all the gossip we were exchanging about our family members hahaha. 

I would go back to Wild Honey again. (Only when I'm feeling rich and with money to spare haha)

Yay I blogged! -pat on the back- you go Gina. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments