From Phnom Penh to Siem Reap

After spending 2.5 days in Phnom Penh (which is really more than sufficient), we packed our bags and got ready to set off to Siem Reap!


The cheapest form of traveling from Phnom Penh to Sieam Reap should be the bus (walking not inclusive). Apparently there were different types of buses available, and the prices differ with the range of 'services' they offer such as air-con, toilet, and even wi-fi.

Being the cheapskates that we were, we decided to go for the cheapest option available, which supposedly promised a toilet.

No way man. It was an old rickety bus, and the air-con vents above were dripping blackish water down on to poor Kang. Lol we managed to curb most of the dripping by stuffing tissue into the air-con vent.


Fooling around the roof terrace before departing the guest house in Phnom Penh


No temples visiting means I get to wear a revealing dress LOL. Old favourite from Love Bonito when they were known as Bonitochico

All packed and ready to set off!

There was a family of four seated just next to us on two seats

The bus was mostly filled with locals and ang moh travellers who looked like they were backpacking across Southeast Asia on a shoe-string budget. It took us about 5 hours drive and I swear it has got to be the longest and almost unbearable 5 hours of my life BECAUSE I NEEDED TO PEE SO BADLY.

Despite emptying my bladder before we boarded the bus and drinking as little water as I can already, my mini-bladder still very bu zheng qi and I had the urge to pee 5 minutes into setting off. -_-

Imagine my delight when I saw that we were pulling over to the side of the road which I assumed will have a rest station (inclusive of toilets) BUT NO. It was like the countryside with tall grass and endless fields in sight. To my dismay, I saw many men just standing around peeing in the grass, and women who were smart (or more experienced) enough to have a sarong with them so they could do their business in the open. 

Yes it's not that I have never peed in public before behind bushes. But that was probably about 20 years ago when I was still young and have no sense of shame! Le sigh. In the end I couldn't bring myself to do it and tried to hold it in but it was a terrible experience. The stupid road was so bumpy that the bus kept rocking at every turn and dealt blows to my almost over-flowing bladder :(

It was so bad I couldn't sleep so I tried to distract myself by reading. And I was thinking to myself that sarong or not, in public or not, shameful or not, I was just gonna let go at the next rest stop. Thank heavens the next stop was lunch at an eating place with clean functional toilets!!! I chionged towards the toilet like a T-Rex was chasing after me. 

Taking the tuktuk to our guesthouse after arriving in Siem Reap. GL looked like he had a terrible journey too hahaha

Checkin' in!

We were famished after checking in so we decided to have a lunch-ner at a nearby Mexican restaurant. The food was pretty decent and cheap sangria FTW!



I love quesadillas! 

Exploring the streets after lunch-ner






The next 3 days saw us exploring the Angkor temples which I will blog about in my next post!

Last weekend I spent a quiet afternoon with sissy Yina at Kooka cafe and the post is up on her blog

It was a spacious quaint place which offered a variety of sandwiches and baked goods as well as pretty decent coffee and Gryphon tea. I think they have other drinks like milkshakes? Didn't have a close look at the menu as that did not interest me hehe. Gimme my iced mocha any time!

Grabbing some photos off sissy's blog but do visit her post for a more detailed review!






Sissy takes the best OOTDs too!!!

What I wore:
Romper from ShopKoanna
Bag from Prada
Shoes from Ferragamo

Some other otds:


Dress from Miss Selfridge
Bag from Coach
Shoes from Ralph Lauren

Top from TheVelvetDolls
Pants from Sixties Inspired
Necklace from TheClosetLover
Wedges from Cotton On

 Dress from Miss Selfridge
Belt from BKK

Dress from MySpringFling 
Bag from Lipstik Jungle
Wedges from Cotton On



And yes I coloured and highlighted my hair with my trusted stylist Gary from Salon Vim

Took advantage of the GSS promo where there was 30% discount off cut + color + highlight - such an awesome deal! I intend to leave my hair long so no drastic changes there. In terms of colors I just wanted something different so I told Gary to choose the colors for me. 

He was like "okay" then he walked away. Then he came back and asked me "Can I bleach your hair?"

I was stunned for a while cos I have never bleached my hair before due to my bad hair quality. It's widely known that bleaching damages your hair by quite a fair bit. He later reassured me by telling me only the highlighted parts needed to be bleached; not the whole head.

So I said fine and told him to proceed with it. Although you can't tell much from this photo but I have really bright (by my standards) hair now! You can see the brightness of it from my sissy's photos taken at Kooka. It literally shimmers under the sunlight lol. I can't really see how the back of my hair looks like but according to sissy and my friends, it's quite nicely done in terms the areas of highlights so I am quite pleased with it. 

All in all, I paid about $165 for a director's cut + color + highlights which I think is pretty damn reasonable for a standard like Salon Vim. 

Okay that's it from me for now. TGIF guys and enjoy your weekend! xx

Oh yes please help me clear my wardrobe here


You Might Also Like

0 comments