London: Westminster Abbey



True to my promise, I am back to blog!

I hope my reward comes in the form of more viewership ahahaha.

Anyways here's some on my 4th day in London.


Grabbing brekkie on the way to meet Swi and Char for some morning shopping before they head back to Singapore later in the day. That is my salmon bagel and mocha to go. Super love it that I am free to eat and drink in the train. 

So the plan was to meet at Primark straight and explore Oxford Street further.

But I got there late and I had no data plan to contact them. And they were using pre-paid sim cards so I had no way of contacting them also other than via whatsapp. No data/wifi = no whatsapp and hence I could not establish contact with them at all.

But being the shopaholic me of course shopping comes first right? Hahaha. So I went ahead to shop at Primark thinking that I would somehow bump into them in the two-storeys shop. But never. I jitao missed them and they jitao missed me and after paying for my (mutiple) purchases I started to worry.

So I tried walking down Oxford Street and glancing into the shops I pass by to see if they are inside. To no avail. So I tried searching for free wifi and finally found it at Marks & Spencer! (Thank you M&S!) Haha. So I stood in the shop whatsapping them and lo and behold, Char was in M&S. And that's the story of how we reunited again. 


After finishing up our shopping, we met Mish for lunch at The Brass Rail at Selfridges which served salt beef sandwiches and they were pretty awesome! Now I am craving for some.



Departing shots before the woggers left for Singapore

So after lunch, Mish went back to work and I accompanied the woggers back to the hotel (where all my shopping bags were stashed haha). Sent them off in a cab and I lugged all my shopping back to Mish's apartment before I went off to do some sight-seeing by myself.

Most sightseeing places close quite early at like 4-ish 5 and I almost didn't make it! Was contemplating between St Paul's Cathedral and Westminster Abbey and decided on the latter as I think it was nearer. I did like a 200m dash to the ticket booth and managed to make it in the nick of time before it closed for the last batch of visitors for the day :D

Partial view of Westminster Abbey from inside the ground

Regretfully, no photography was allowed inside. An audio guide was provided and it was nice listening to the narratives while exploring the inside. It is a place rich with culture and history, and a burial site for many monarchs from the past. It was a pretty interesting tour but didn't really strike a chord with me. To me it's one of those "been there, done that" places!

But the architecture is rather nice and impressive, albeit a little dark and gloomy inside.




From the outside

When you have no tripod and no one to take photos for you

After the Westminster Abbey I roamed the streets nearby where Big Ben and River Thames were. It was so full of tourists and I witnessed tourists getting scammed by those gypsies who pose for photos with you and then extort money from you after that.

Ditzy me almost got conned that morning we were there and luckily Swi and Char were more well-travelled than I am and guided silly me to safety. I think I'm really stupid and blessed. Lotsa things could have happened to me but I emerged unscathed! More to be elaborated in upcoming posts.



After exploring enough, I proceeded back to Mish's apartment where she cooked risotto for dinner. Yumzzzz.



And I ended off my night with a mini magnum bought from our grocery trip 2 days ago.


That brings me to the end of my post for day 4.

Some random mobile snaps:


Can't believe my fingers worked fast enough and I managed to cart out this LB Glendale Dress which was sold out in seconds! \Y/

OTD for a Friday - Old Navy tank with LB Shelburne Skirt in Lime
Need to cover my tummy up.

Celebrated my p-buddy's birthday at Timbre (her fav place). Happy 28th you!!!! 

After YAF in church on Sunday. 
Left: my feet. Right: Swi's feet. This was totally not orchestrated! Do all girls do this?? Haha 

 Our fabulous spread at Fabulous Baker Boy. So glad we made it in time - I absolutely adore their cakes. Super good!

Coffee is a must.

LB Caitlin Cheongsam in Pink. Am glad the dress turned out less poufy than I thought it would be! Tho the side mandarin collar is a bitch to do up and down. Am gonna wear this for my company's LNY cocktail function tomorrow! 

Chilling and breakfasting by myself at Paris Baguette after meeting up with the rep from UniMel. The food was pretty meh but the coffee was bleargh. Never again.

 Helping Yina with some work in the office! All these stocks from CNY launches. Total war zone. 

Welcoming Daniel into the barbarian family!!! Son of Jieying and Rayvin. Visited him on Tuesday and he is so super cute!!! Melts.

Love my new floral sheets from Ikea :) Goes so well with the fuchsia!

 Am also glad the dresser came just in time before CNY! To scrimp on the $80 delivery fee I lugged it back from Nex with the help of Sarah and Jui. Haha

Ending off this post with Baby the fattie! Everyone loves her. Lol.

Ok thanks bye!

You Might Also Like

0 comments